By Jon Duckett
- Shows net builders the best way to make the transition from HTML to XHTML, an XML-based reformulation of HTML that gives larger layout flexibility
- Demonstrates find out how to paintings with CSS (Cascading kind Sheets)-now supported through 90 percentage of browsers and indispensable to new site-building instruments from Macromedia and others-and enforce a constant type all through and whole website
- Explains how you can make a domain obtainable to individuals with impaired imaginative and prescient, restricted hand use, dyslexia, and different issues-now a criminal requirement for lots of websites within the U.S. and the U.K.
Read or Download Accessible XHTML and CSS Web Sites. Problem Design, Solution PDF
Similar web programming books
How do you want to have a section of the motion concerning one among contemporary biggest on-line marketplaces? probably you will have an idea for an cutting edge digital storefront, yet you don't need to construct the back-end or try and enforce the selling crusade you must allure the hundreds of thousands of clients that you simply understand you will please.
Study whatever new instantly! a quick, speedy, targeted advisor offering quick effects. specialise in an iterative sensible method of study the myriad beneficial properties of CakePHPLearn approximately types, perspectives, and Controllers in addition to scaffolding, issues, behaviors, and routingScaffold and generate your software code utilizing the command-line “bake” device virtually completely
Key FeaturesSet up the Hypertext Preprocessor atmosphere and start with net programmingLeverage the possibility of Hypertext Preprocessor for server-side programming, reminiscence administration, and object-oriented programming (OOP)This publication is jam-packed with real-life examples that will help you enforce the suggestions as you learnBook DescriptionPHP is a brilliant language for construction net functions.
- SonarQube in Action
- Practical Web Traffic Analysis: Standards, Privacy, Techniques, and Results
- A Programmer's Introduction to PHP 4.0
- Sams Teach Yourself CSS in 10 Minutes
- XSLT 2.0 and XPath 2.0 Programmer’s Reference
Additional info for Accessible XHTML and CSS Web Sites. Problem Design, Solution
This table contains one row with three table cells; there is one cell for each column in the layout. The first column contains the product navigation, which again contains rollover images just like the top navigation. jpg” height=”126” width=”127”>
The second column holds the main message of the page. The first thing you see in this column is an introductory paragraph telling users what the company does. gif” height=”15” width=”1”>
| Welcome to First Promotions, specialists in corporate gifts and promotional items.
However, it introduced a lot of problems for anyone who had less than 20/20 vision or perfect control over their mouse. Many computer users with visual impairments use devices known as screen readers to read the content of the screen to them. These devices have complicated sets of keyboard shortcuts that enable the user to operate the software without necessarily seeing what is on the screen. Screen readers are just one of the many types of devices available to users with disabilities, and in many countries it is now a legal requirement that all Web pages are accessible to those with disabilities.
If the content of the page were separated from the rules that govern how the page appears on a desktop PC, you could make the same content available to numerous devices by creating only one new set of presentational rules for each device that each page of the Web site could use (rather than rewriting every page again to be styled for a particular kind of device). Of course, creating a new version of a site from scratch for each type of device that can access the Web is not a practical solution, and as you are about to see, you can learn a number of lessons by looking at how early mobile devices accessed the Web.
Rated 5 – based on votes of